Discussion

Home Forums General Health & Well Being Safe herbs for autoimmune

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RobertNug RobertNug 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Topic
  • Decla
    Participant

Safe herbs for autoimmune

I have 3 autoimmune diseases – crps, fibromyalgia, and limited scleroderma.

I was wondering if I should┬átake Cat’s Claw for pain, inflammation, and digestive issues but I am getting conflicting information on whether it is safe for people with autoimmune diseases.

• Replies
  • Dixya Bhatarai
    Keymaster

It seems like you are already somewhat aware of Cat’s claws uses for pain, inflammation, and digestive issues and I am glad that you are taking precaution due to your preexisting autoimmune condition. Cat’s claw is a plant and the most potent part from which the medicine is made is derived from its root and bark. This herb has been very popular in the US and Europe since mid 1990’s but as of now, there has been very limited and inconclusive results in other areas for effective use besides for pain reduction in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.

There are many health claims associated with Cat’s claw for it’s potential benefits such as anti-cancer properties, wound healing, reduce gastrointestinal disorders, fighting fungal, bacterial infections, and also enhancing immune system. If you have an autoimmune condition, I’d be particularly very careful because test tube studies have shown that it stimulates immune system and there are not enough studies done to recommend it at this time. It is also important to remember that like all herbs, Cats claw is not regulated by the FDA and you should always consult your doctor before starting Cats claw because of it’s potential side effects on your health. I hope this helps answer your question.

• RobertNug RobertNug
    Participant

Ultra Phuture Music. Witness: the Hardcore DJ mix

You must be login in to reply to this topic.