Blood poisoning, or septicemia, is one of the known killer diseases in America. It usually initiates from a bacterial infection in the body and urinary tract infections, along with lung and abdominal infections, remain the most common breeding grounds.
If septicemia, also known as bacteremia, is not treated and allowed to fester, it progresses to sepsis, which is a serious complication that leads to inflammation all over the body.
The symptoms of septicemia are known for the severity and sufferers usually come across as very ill.Septicemia’s initial symptoms include increased body temperature, respiration and heart rate. If the disease develops further, loss of cognitive abilities is one of the foremost indicators, followed by spots or dots on the skin. This is accompanied by a reduction in volume of urine and also blood flow, with the latter proving to be fatal on many occasions.
Natural and Herbal Remedies for Septicemia
While the details regarding septicemia are rather grim and make the disease seem exceptionally ominous, there is still much hope with regards to its treatment.
- As of recently, Green Tea is being touted as a miracle cure for septicemia,containing a therapeutic compound that enables it to reverse the fatal effects of sepsis.
- Echinacea, popularly known as the ‘immune system protector’ is an often prescribed home remedy for sepsis. It is easily available in the form of tea and has made its way into the list of top ten natural products used by patients in the US.
- B Vitamins, including B6 and B12 help boost liver function as well as enable the rapid increase in red blood cells thereby leading to fast recovery from septicemia.
- Another oft-prescribed natural remedy for patients suffering from Septicemia is Vitamin C. Including 1000-2000 mg of Vitamin C in your daily diet helps to strengthen the immune system and is a great source of antioxidants.
- Garlic has long been known as a potent antibiotic and a powerful bacteria killer. As a treatment for septicemia, it gets rid of viruses and strengthens the immune system.