As the winters are approaching, the weather is turning windy and cold. Instead of having your usual cup of coffee why not try something new, which not only tastes good but is also healthy and can give your mood an instant uplift. Drinking black or green tea which contains caffeine keeps you awake the whole night but herbal fruit tea is caffeine free which means having a cup of it at night will help you feel calm, relaxed and is the perfect way to unwind after a long day.
The herbal fruit tea is simple to make but is no less than your favorite winter beverage. Serving it to your guests this winter season will help you earn brownie points and you will instantly become the favorite host amongst your friend’s circle.
If you want to know some of the many (many!) benefits of herbal fruit tea, keep on reading.
Benefits of fruit herbal tea
- Anti-aging effect: Herbal fruit tea contains antioxidants which slows down aging and radical change. High in antioxidants, minerals and vitamins, herbal fruit teas helps to reduce UV damage to the skin and it also acts a great moisturizer. The antioxidants in the tea help lessen the wrinkles and slows down the overall process of aging making you look younger for a long time.
- Antidepressants effect: Herbal fruit tea has a calming effect whereby it helps in reducing stress levels and provides relief to someone feeling sad and low, something that is quite common during winters. Tea with herbs in them has a calming effect on those battling with depression and anxiety and may also help with symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder. Adding a little fruity punch to your tea will definitely help you feel relaxed.
- Proper functioning of kidneys: Herbal fruit tea helps in preventing kidney diseases and drinking at least one cup of tea daily will help your body get the fluids that it needs. Some of the kidney cleanse remedies are packed with herbs such as dandelion tea and parsley. One of the best herbal tea for kidney is rooibos tea which is free of oxalates and is a great alternative to black tea which often causes kidney stones. Not only are kidney stones hard to get rid of, they can be quite nasty!
- Vitamin C: Herbal fruit tea has an abundance of vitamins which helps to boost up your immune system. Vitamin C is the most commonly used supplement for cold so having a cup of herbal fruit tea packed with this vitamin after a tiring day in the winters will definitely help in keeping your cold in check and other seasonal diseases at bay!
- Improves digestion: Herbal fruit tea also helps in improving the digestive system of the body. It helps in breaking down the fat and speeds up the process of digestion. Peppermint, a green herb has great abilities for treating an upset stomach and also has a revitalizing and fresh flavor minty flavour that you are sure to love.
- Lowers blood pressure: If you suffer from high blood pressure issues, this might just be what you are looking for. Instead of popping pills to reduce blood pressure, a cup of herbal fruit tea will work as a safe alternative for reducing one’s blood pressure.
- Great for healthy skin: Herbal fruit tea is a great way of treating acne prone skin without having any side effects that come with chemical laden solutions like Accutane. Drinking a cup of tea or directly applying it on the acne effected area will definitely work wonders for your skin.
There are many herbal tea recipes that you can give a try, but our absolute favorite is the rose and dried fruit homemade tea. Continue reading for the recipe. It’s super quick, easy, and tastes delightful!
Rose and fruit herbal tea
- 1 ½ cups of sliced oranges
- 1 ½ cups of dried strawberry
- 1 ½ cups of dried roses
- 1 piece sliced ginger
- ½ cup mint herb (preferably fresh)
- 2 cups water
- Lemon juice
Directions: Boil water in a sauce pan. Add in the sliced oranges and ginger, letting it simmer for a few minutes. Add in the dried strawberries, dried roses and mint leaves. Let it simmer for a further 5-7 minutes. Strain the tea into your favorite china cups and squeeze some lemon juice on top before serving.
We hope you have a wonderful holiday season filled with love, laughter and warmth (from sipping on this herbal fruit tea!) Happy holidays! And toodles.